June 13, 2011
FYI, The NYC Chapter of LOPSA (mailing list here) is meeting tomorrow at 7pm at the offices of D.E. Shaw. I’m not going to be able to make it, with this whole being-in-Ohio thing, but you should go in my stead, because it sounds like a great meeting.
- Topic: Ganeti: Open source virtualization (like VMWare ESX + VMotion but open source)
- Speaker: Tom Limoncelli, Google, Inc
- When:Tuesday, June 14, 7pm – 9:30pm
- Description: Ganeti is a cluster virtual server management software tool built on top of existing virtualization technologies such as Xen or KVM and other Open Source software. Ganeti takes care of disk creation, migration, OS installation, shutdown, startup, and can be used to preemptively move a virtual machine off a physical machine that is starting to get sick. It doesn’t require a big expensive SAN, complicated networking, or a lot of money. The project is used around the world by many organizations; it is sponsored by Google and hosted at http://code.google.com/p/ganeti
- Registration: http://lopsanyc.eventbrite.com/
Please make sure to register at EventBrite to avoid any issues with DE Shaw security and entering the building.